A neat and organized office not only boosts workplace productivity, but it can actually keep us from getting sick. No matter where you work, keeping your office clean can speak volumes as to your business’ level of professionalism. Here, you will learn more about the benefits of a clean office, as well as some ways to tidy it up and keep it that way.
- Get your priorities straight. If your office produces a large quantity of paperwork, you can either delegate its filing and organization or hire a document storage service. It’s also a good idea to try to reduce the amount of paper your office uses by backing up most of your records online.
- Cut through the clutter. Now that you’ve organized your documents, you can get to work getting rid of some of the junk lying around your office. Throw out old and duplicated objects and papers, and what you don’t need.
- Make cleaning part of your daily routine. Set aside some time at the end of each day to neaten, clean and organize your office. Good times to do this are either on Monday morning or Friday afternoon.
- Keep the air clean. Indoor air can be much more polluted than outdoor air. Keep your windows open as much as you can to get rid of airborne toxins and to let fresh air in. If you are in a windowless office, ensure that the air filter gets changed often. Add some plants to your office decor, as they work to filter the air.
- Clean your office equipment.Phones and computers see a lot of use, meaning that they can spread germs if they aren’t cleaned regularly. Your computer’s CPU attracts dust, which can gather and cause it to overheat, ruining your PC. Have a professional clean your computer fans periodically.
- Get your employees to help. It’s everyone’s responsibility to keep the office neat and running smoothly; if each person cleans up after themselves, the workplace will be much more productive and you’ll give a good impression to potential customers.
- Keep common areas neat. Your entire office should be deep-cleaned at least every six months. If you have common areas such as an employee lounge or kitchen, they should be cleaned more often. Go through the refrigerator and throw out whatever’s outdated, wash the dishes and keep countertops wiped down.
- Hire a cleaning service. If you think you’re in over your head, it’s best to hire a professional office cleaning service. They are experts in keeping things neat and tidy, and they always have the best tools and products for the job.
A clean and smoothly-run office can transform the lives of its workers. When you keep your office tidy, your workers’ morale will be higher and so will your profits. You’ll have an easier time finding documents (if you’re using document storage services), and your prospective clients will look on your company more favorably.
Post from Amy Fowler for Whitefields Document Storage. Read more from Whitefields here.